It works like this. Seeds are scattered. Some fall here, some fall there. For a while, you look and see nothing…then one day…VOILÀ! Those seeds have begun to grow, to bloom. But, the ones that landed in the most fertile soil, received the most sun, and had the easiest access to water are FLOURISHING. They instantly attract your attention and your admiration.
We have seen the same scenario play out time and time again in the people and communities Chisomo Idea has helped provide resources and opportunities to. The combination of beautiful seeds and specific resources have accelerated growth and lead to real flourishing in both individuals and communities. As expected, those successes have attracted positive attention. But, it is in what happens next that we have fallen deeply in love with — the unexpected we have learned to expect and to trust.
The positive attention leads to interest, then to engagement, then to inspiration, and finally to involvement. The seeds begin to water themselves and to enrich the soil in which they find themselves. Relationships deepen and collaboration grows community, leading to more successes and more flourishing. It is this beautiful, organic process. While we never know how quickly or how exactly it will happen, it has never not happened. We have seen it over and over again for the last 15 years — the expected produces the beautiful, flourishing unexpected.
INITIATIVES & OPPORTUNITIES
We must continue to plant new seeds and we are asking you to join us in the planting this holiday season. Please consider a one-time donation to one of the five organizational areas below that aligns most with your passions and be a part of the next bloom in Malawi. Which one will you pick?
1) SCHOLARSHIPS — Do you believe in education? This initiative is truly exceptional. Through this, we identify schools from around the world that will take Malawian students and we work diligently to help the students through the process of applying for scholarships, all the way to graduation. So far, we have helped 7 Malawian students get scholarships in the United States. 5 of them have already graduated. We also scholarship local students on from elementary school to high school on a yearly basis
2) MALAWI’S GOT TALENT — Where does talent from the ghetto go? We research in communities to find people that are gifted in different areas of life and connect them with people that have the capacity to put those gifts to work. Our talent search is a yearlong process that culminates with events where talent can be showcased.
3) NATIONAL CONFERENCE — Want to amplify good? This is an opportunity for us to share what we have learned in over a decade of working in underresourced communities with those that are just developing into the work. This is a symposium for leaders from all over the nation who want to use their gifts to promote “good”.
4) IDEA INCUBATOR — Have you ever had a dream that has come true? This is an idea academy for people around the nation that want to do good. Through this we identify qualifying ideas and provide seed money to get them off the ground. We also take the time to coach the leaders along the way
5) ASSET-BASED COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT (ABCD) — Do you believe all communities are capable of the exceptional? This is asset-based community development. Our bread and butter. Through this, you can give money towards a women’s community based bank, a neighborhood business incubator, an academic program and a sports program. All these initiatives have been proven to work time and time again in a variety of communities.
2021 YEAR-END GOAL
In addition to our year-end goals we are also looking fo r3 people to jin us by becoming monthly givers. This will provide us with a base line for sustaining the seeds that will be planted by one-time year-end donations.
If you would like to partner with us on a monthly basis, please click here and select recurring as your donation frequency.
HOW DO I GIVE?
There are 2 ways to donate to this year’s campaign:
BY CARD: Click on the donation buttons near the top or bottom of the page. If you would like to donate online, please follow your donation with an email to NoelM@ChisomoIdea.com and let us know that you donated an amount to a specific area.
BY CHECK: Write Check to The Chisomo Idea and mail to 2916 Ulric Street, San Diego, CA 92111. If you would like to donate by check, please note the specific area in the memo line of your check.
Questions? Please call or text 619-206-9804
Want to learn more? We’d love to grab a coffee or connect for a Zoom. Email NoelM@ChisomoIdea.com and we can set a time.